Francis Howell has a quality preschool program that provides excellent social and pre-academic experiences for your children. Francis Howell Preschool offers both Half Day and Full Day programming to meet the needs of our community.
Curriculum that is aligned with the elementary curriculum
- Growing with Math builds math skills and vocabulary.
- Handwriting without Tears is the same program used in kindergarten to teach writing.
- Communication Arts curriculum was developed to build on skills needed for kindergarten by examining State Standards and the kindergarten curriculum.
- Certified Early Childhood Teachers hold a bachelors or masters degree in early childhood education.
- Half Day and Full Day Preschool Calendars are aligned with the district's calendar.
- Full Day Intersession is an option for half day or full day families during breaks and on teacher professional development days.
- Parent Involvement opportunities are available to volunteer in the classroom and observe how your child interacts and learns.
Our program offerings are:
The "Off to Kindergarten" - "O2K" class
This class is for children going to kindergarten in the 2015-2016 school year. It has a more in-depth emphasis on reading and writing with existing curriculum. This class is offered in both our full day and half day programs. The half day class is in the afternoon.
This program will be available to all students during breaks, on identified holidays and teacher professional development days.
Before and After School Care
For an additional fee, this program would allow half day preschool students to arrive as early as 6:30 am for students enrolled in the morning session and stay as late as 6:00 pm for students enrolled in an afternoon session. This option is offered for one or more days of half day attendance.
The Francis Howell Preschool Program is committed to offering children experiences that stimulate a child’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional learning to ensure that all children may reach their full potential. Please feel free to call or stop by any Early Childhood Family Education Center if you have questions or would like to tour the facility. Please use this information to share with friends and neighbors regarding preschool in Francis Howell.
Meadows Parkway Early Childhood Center